I am a senior from Brookfield, WI studying biomedical engineering, and I have been working with the Glukhov lab since the end of my freshman year. In the past, my research has focused on regional sensitivity of calcium signaling in response to hypoosmotic stress, for which I received a Hilldale fellowship. My current research is focused on the role of caveolae in the mechanism of stretch-induced regulation of cardiac contractility. Outside of the lab, I have completed biomedical engineering internships with UW Health and Boston Scientific, and I also enjoy running and backpacking.
2020 Hilldale-Holstrom Undergraduate Student Fellowship from the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Turner D, Tyan L, DeGuire FC, Medvedev RY, Stroebel SJ, Lang D, Glukhov AV. Caveolin-3 Prevents Swelling-Induced Membrane Damage via Regulation of ICl,swell Activity. Resubmitted to Biophysical Journal. 2022.
- Turner D, Tyan L, Stroebel S, DeGuire FC, Lang D, Glukhov AV. Caveolin-3 Prevents Swelling-Induced Cell Lysis via Regulation of ICl,swell Activity. Presented at BCVS Scientific Sessions 2021. Circulation Research 129 (Suppl_1), AP368-AP368.
- Medvedev RY, DeGuire FC, Glukhov AV. Stretch-induced caveolae-mediated disruption of cAMP microdomains leads to arrhythmogenic Ca2+ mishandling in mouse atrial myocytes. Presented at BCVS Scientific Sessions 2021. Circulation Research 129 (Suppl_1), AP413-AP413.
- Turner DG, Tyan L, Stroebel S, DeGuire F, Lang D, Glukhov AV. Caveolin-3 enriches and dynamically interacts with SWELL1. Presented at BCVS Scientific Sessions 2020. Circulation Research 127 (Suppl_1), A423-A423.
- Medvedev R, Ratajczyk LN, Deguire FC, Vasquez AR, Lang D, Glukhov AV. Functional significance of anatomically heterogeneous distribution of transversal-axial tubule system in mouse and human atrial myocardium. Presented at BCVS Scientific Sessions 2020. Circulation Research 127 (Suppl_1), A376-A376.